Welcome to the forum - Introduce yourself!

Hi, I’m Jilles.

A physicist by training, I funded my studies as a millenium bug-debugger in a Cobol dialect in the late 90’s.
When the millenium rolled over I moved to computer vision and C++ and some assembly-language.
After some years of that I moved to the financial sector and currently I’m head of a small team working almost exclusively in Java.

1 Like

Hey all!
I’m Ciacci (cha-chi), been working as a web developer since 2017. I’ve dabbled in Python and Clojure for some of my early gigs, but mostly have been in the back-end space as a Rails dev. Currently learning Typescript and React alongside Rails as a full-stack dev at Parachute Health.

Looking forward to giving this a go : )

1 Like

Hi

I am John been working with JavaScript and python for a while now and interested in learning more from this forum.

1 Like

Hi,

I am Ildi, working at SunBasket as a Data Scientist/Engineer, working mostly with R and SQL. Previously I also gained some experience as a Software Engineer working with Javascript.

1 Like

Hi,

• My name is Ed
  • Working at Cisco Meraki on the largest Rails monolith I’ve ever seen
  • About 25 years in now doing Perl, Java, Python, Groovy, Ruby, Clojure, Elixir, and JS but mostly Ruby/JS the last 12 years
  • Have a blog, and most views came back in 2006 when I live blogged the Jolt Awards and Rails 1.0 won for best ‘Web Development Tool’ (Jolt Award Winners 2006)
1 Like

Hi All,

My name is Raghav, working in Ruby/Rails for the past 2 years. Prior to that, was working on Java/Spring. Nice to meet you all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello there, I’m Carlos.
I work at Labforward GmbH
I also deal with Ruby and JS/TS there.
I’m also do blog writing about code, architecture and career.

1 Like

Hi everyone!

I’m Joe Masilotti. I run a reverse job board for Ruby on Rails developers called RailsDevs.

I’m using this 30 day challenge to improve the code quality of the platform. The codebase is open source and you can follow the commits on GitHub.

I’m looking forward to meeting everyone!

1 Like

Great question! It’s actually slightly less than 30 emails as they are sent out over the course of 30 days only on “business” days.

Emails are only sent M-F and not on the Saturday and Sunday of the same week… so for example this Friday’s email will be #4 and next Monday’s will be #7 :sweat_smile:.

Hi all! My name is Jason and I’m a Senior Staff Engineer at Fanatics Collectibles. I mostly use Elixir and Rust these days but I’ve used Ruby for a long time prior. Looking forward to the challenges!

1 Like

Hi gang!

• I’m Nicolas, working from Montréal, Canada :maple_leaf:
  • I’m a freelance developer, working on a productivity app called “Centered” at the moment
  • Legacy Code is my jam, I’m always looking to hone my skills around tackling it. “Code Quality Challenge” sounded a perfect fit :ok_hand:
  • I mostly work with JavaScript and TypeScript these days, but used to do some Python, PHP, and Ruby in the past

I’ve seen some familiar faces around here—hi @ClareMacrae :wave:

Looking forward to starting our journey!

2 Likes

Hello!
My name is Nicolai. I work as a Full Stack Developer in a small Danish Rails consultancy. I’ve been coding professionally for 4 years now.

1 Like

Hi all! I’m Alicia, I’m an ml engineer working in Python with past backend experience in Java and Ruby/Rails. Looking forward to the exercises and making our code just that much better each day.

1 Like

Hello everyone.

I am a dotnet developer working in the North of England. I don’t remember signing up for this, but was pleasantly surprised when the first challenges arrived this morning.

I blog at https://www.funkysi1701.com and I am funkysi1701 on github/twitter etc if you want to reach out to me.

1 Like

Greetings Folks,

I am Suresh and have been working in the tech industry for 5+ years and have experience developing & maintaining software applications using Ruby Swift, and PHP.

1 Like

Hey everyone! My name is Andrew and I’ve been a full-stack .NET web developer for almost 7 years. I’ve been with University of Wisconsin - Madison for 4 years as of this week.

I’m looking forward to meeting new people and working through this challenge!

2 Likes

Hi! I’m Eliza :sunny:
I’m a Leadership Fellow with the Women Who Code Python technical track.
Happy new year everyone! :partying_face:

1 Like

Hi everyone!

I’m Moncef Belyamani. I’m the creator of Ruby on Mac, the easiest way to set up and maintain a proper Ruby dev environment on a Mac.

This is my second time going through the CQC, but the first time as a solo entrepreneur. I’m using it to improve some of my Rails open source projects, and the various repos that power Ruby on Mac.

1 Like

Hi all,

I’m Anas Alkhatib I work as a Senior Developer at Shopify this is my second time joining the challenge and looking forward to it.

1 Like

Hi Martin :wave:

Localyze looks like a great service to help companies that want to transition to a distributed structure. Have you seen an uptake in users as this approach has leapfrogged in popularity after the various Covid-19 lockdowns?