Welcome to the forum - Introduce yourself!

Hi everyone!

I’m Thomas and I’m one of the co-founders at NearSt.

My day-to-day mostly involves bridging the gap between our engineering and partnerships teams, and helping external partners to integrate with our tech platform.

Looking forward to the exercises!

Hi all!

I’m Julian, developer of Beam - https://beam.org.

I have been the sole developer on the project for almost 4 years but am just starting to make my first hires and developer the engineering culture so these best practices so useful and timely!

1 Like

Hey all!

I am based out of Indiana, USA and work remotely for Fishtown Analytics.

I am writing mostly TypeScript (:heart_eyes:) and Python (growing on me!). I joined Fishtown recently and am excited to step up in terms of owning quality in our code base through this challenge!

Cheers :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

Hi,
I am zafar.
I work as a full stack engineer.
I primarily work with Elixir and Javascript.

Hi, I’m Kevin.

• Lead dev at Welcome To College
  • Mostly work with Rails, PHP, VueJS
  • New Orleans, LA
  • Released a free electronic album in October under the name Cake To Age
  • Learning french with my 6 year old who is in a french immersion school

Bonne journée!

G’day!

• I’m Paul and live outside Boston. I’m slothbear online.
  • My first computer was the CDC 6600, the world’s fastest computer from 1964 to 1969. 6 million dollars, 128K memory, designed by Seymour Cray
  • Self-employed, I mostly help users of iOS and MacOS, plus create web site stuff.
  • I write software in Ruby and Swift. I’m renovating an old Rails app that manages a small club’s members & newsletters. Also creating an app to visualize temperature scarf designs.

2020 temperatures:

4 Likes

Hey Kori, I remember you from Lyon and some advents of code a couple (or more) of years ago :slight_smile:
Enjoy the challenge!

1 Like

Hey everyone,

My name is Tay and I’m living out in good ol’ Denver, Colorado! Like a lot of the folks here, I work in Ruby/Rails (how exciting!), and am coming up on my first year of coding in a real professional setting – I love it so far! A teammate suggested I start this challenge, as it was really fun and helpful for her in her last role. Can’t wait to start on Monday!

Have a great weekend!

My name is Aju, I’m a software developer. This is my first time taking part in CQC. I mainly work with PHP and Excited to be here taking up the code quality challenge.

Thanks @ben @dorothy

1 Like

A man after my own heart! :slight_smile:

Welcome back! Your last post was 3 years ago :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi I’m Andre,

I’m a devops and senior engineer with experience in a myriad of languages and frameworks. Looking forward to improving the code quality at my current employer.

Thanks!

Hey all,

I’m Andy. Running a handful of nicely-aged (like good wine?) Rails apps at CoverageBook and AnswerThePublic.

I also—in the before times—ran BrightonRuby (a dev conference in the UK) and I write a fortnightly newsletter with a little Ruby tip in it.

I’m pretty sure I wen through this before, but was terribly at keeping up. I’ll do better this time.

Andy

Greetings from the Austrian mountains, I’m David!

With my team at edgy circle I build custom web applications with a strong focus on robustness and longevity. The current trend of more frameworks and an increasing number of dependencies makes me sad. If I can pick, PostgreSQL and Ruby are my first choice.

To compensate for the long hours in front of a screen I try to get as fit as possible. Currently I’m training for a 400 kilometer in 24 hours cycling event. Apart from that I should really spend more time stretching…

Looking forward to the conversations sparked by the exercises.

Hello everyone,

Its been a while since I was last here. Completely forgot until I tried to sign up😅

Anyway, my name is Tonko and I’m from the Netherlands. Currently working at hihaho which is an interactive video company.

Hoping to hone my skills and improve our awesome tool

Hello all

• I’m Rafael .
  • I work in Ruby and JavaScript

Looking forward to learning with all of you

Thanks for BrightonRuby 2020. I enjoyed it a lot. The physical copy of _why’s poignant guide to ruby is one of my prized posessions.

1 Like

Hi

I am Mahdi

I am a front-end developer, working with JavaScript (Mostly React and Vue)

I am so happy to be part of this course

Hello Folks, Anubhav this side.

I am a Ruby developer from India.
I am really excited to be part of this exercise and experience what it has for us. Thanks @prathamesh for sharing this. Thanks @ben for organizing this.

Looking for the awesome month ahead :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hello everyone, my name is Prathamesh. I am developer based out of India.

I write articles about Ruby/Rails on prathamesh.tech

Excited to be here! Thanks @ben @dorothy for organizing this.

2 Likes

Thank you @ben for doing this! I very appreciate your effort and very excited.

Yay! Day 1 is around the corner!