It’s time to turn an eye toward your database schema.
Please spend 20 minutes reading through yours carefully.
Some things you might look for:
- Inconsistent column names.
- Missing indices for columns you frequently query by.
- Missing unique indices to ensure uniqueness.
- Missing null constraints.
- Missing foreign key constraints.
- Maybe even install bullet to detect N+1 queries in
Can you think of any other best practices that are missing from this list? Did you find an issue I missed? Please share it on the forum.