Improve one name today. Any name.
It can be a class name, a method name, a variable name, a constant name, a file name, anything.
If you just thought of a name you know needs improving, do that one.
If you can’t find a name that could be improved, consider these questions:
- Do you ever refer to the same concept slightly differently in different spots?
- Have you noticed anywhere where a previous rename missed a few references?
- Pop open your schema. Are your database columns named consistently? (This is just a special case of the first one.)
- Is the name you’d use to describe a concept to a coworker the same as what’s in the code?
- Is the name your customers would use the same as what’s in the code?