Cohort 2 Introductions

Hello

• I’m Thiago
  • I live in Londrina, Brazil, but I’m preparing to start a 3 months trip to Canada and US starting on April 21st - Vancouver, SF, LA, Vegas, Chicago, Boston, NY while working remotly. You can ping me on twitter if you want to drink some coffee and beer :slight_smile:. @tgabrielborges
  • I work on Eventene, an event organization app. It uses Ruby on Rails, has an Erlang API and a React Native app.
  • I’ve been working with Ruby on Rails since 2011 and I also have some experience with Elixir and Swift.

Hi!

• I’m Josh (@jknack on Twitter)
  • Sr. Software Engineer/Consultant (Adro Solutions)
  • My career focus has been on Microsoft technologies: .NET/MVC/WebAPI/Azure/SQL Server
  • I use Angular (JS/5) on my front ends

Hello,

I’m Adrien
I’m a freelance PHP developer and a Swift beginner
I live near Paris
I mainly write PHP (Symfony), a bit of javascript and I just started Swift
I mainly want to produce a good quality code and follow best practices

Hi,

Hello!

My name is Chris, and I’m a developer living in Las Vegas. My active languages include Python, Elixir, JS and PHP, but I dabble in more than I probably should. I heard about this through the Art of Product, and I also listen to many other podcasts.

Hello all,

I am q:

• I am working in a few different languages / frameworks (Ruby, Python, React) at the moment as a solo developer on a couple different products
  • I really enjoy the Art of Product podcast and others (I like playrates faster than 1x)
  • Great talks in the past, Ben.

Hi everyone!

I’m Vincent from Sweden!

• I currently work mostly with Python and PHP
  • I think Ruby might be the programming language with the prettiest syntax, and I think it would solve all my problems (simplicity rules!)
  • I love learning new stuff, especially relating to programming
  • I’m an Ironman (the real kind found at ironman.com, not the guy from the movies)
  • I’ve made it through day one of the code quality challenge!

Hello!

• Im Dennis
  • Currently Full-time remote front-end developer with some backend
  • Mostly Rails, CSS and Javascript but also some Symfony
  • Im from Sweden but traveling all over during 2018. Currently in Portugal
  • I’m Nicholas.
  • Currently, I work for Cryogenic Control Systems, Inc. as the primary software developer.
  • I live in San Diego.
  • I mainly write C and Python, but I’ve also done some C++ and JavaScript.
  • Lately, I’ve been learning Rust.

Kia ora,

I’m Matthew…

• Find me in Christchurch, New Zealand.
  • By day I work as a developer at Ngāi Tahu Tourism.
  • By night I run a hiking community site here https://tramper.nz .
  • I’m Aaron.
  • You may know me from such blogs as Everyday Rails and books as Everyday Rails Testing with RSpec.
  • I’m also a software engineer at O’Reilly Media.
  • I mostly write Ruby, with a little Javascript.
  • I currently live in Lawrence, Kansas.
  • I’m active in the Kansas City Ruby Meetup.
1 Like

Wow, you got an impressive lineup of interviewees there. Subscribed :smile::headphones:

Hello

• I’m Denis
  • Currently I’m working for iTechArt where I do Ruby development and a little bit of mentoring for students (we host our own local Ruby on Rails courses).
  • I live in Minsk, Belarus.
  • I mainly write Ruby with a pinch of JS/HTML/CSS (mostly backend stuff).
  • I’ve hopped on Ruby train three years ago and have been happy ever since.
  • Looking forward to complete this challenge and study new things.

Hello

• I’m Uwe (kleinmann almost everywhere, except Twitter, where I’m iUwe)
  • I live in Karlsruhe, Germany
  • I work at Kellerkinder and code mostly in PHP with some Ruby and some other languages mixed in.
  • I love listening to and making music.

Hi everyone :wave:

I’m Dylan, CTO of Crowdcast. I’m looking forward to following along for the next 30 days of the Code Quality Challenge.

I live in San Francisco I love writing Ruby and have done that for most of my past and now in the last 3 years I’ve been mostly writing only Javascript (both on the client & server).

Hello,

• I’m Kelvin

• I live in Abuja, Nigeria.

• I mostly write Laravel/PHP. Looking forward to learn something new and interesting. (Any suggestions? :grinning:)

• I am here to learn and improve on myself.

Would people be interested in a Twitter list of all the people taking part?

I thought it might be cool to have a list that everyone could follow full of people they know are pro-active tech people looking to make software better.

If you’d like to be on the list, add your username:

If this already exists or is not cool for any other reason (I’m new here), just let me know.

1 Like

Hi, I’m Charles. :wave:

• Follow me on twitter for all things vim, Ruby, and software related
  • I’m a Ruby developer working on SaaS apps during the day and ActiveAdmin in my spare time
  • Howdy! I live in Dallas, Texas
1 Like

Great idea to setup a spreadsheet with Twitter names.

Stoked to see a fellow Rubyist and Embereño from the Central Valley! :slight_smile: