Cohort 2 Introductions

Hi,

I’m Anthony
I currently work as a backend engineer for a music licensing company - http://rumblefish.com/
I live near NYC in Hoboken, NJ!
I mostly write in Ruby

My friend tweeted this link out a couple of months ago so I am not sure what to expect but am excited for it to begin!

Hello all!

I currently work as an analyst at a call center, and am building some real-time web dashboards for folks to see their own and team statistics.

I went to school for music (percussion, a.k.a. hitting things with sticks) but have always enjoyed coding – mostly Python and JavaScript, plus some R and other languages here and there.

My portfolio page is at nathanclonts.com. Not much there yet, but hoping to get into the world of freelancing in the future!

1 Like

Hey!

• I’m Rodman Swanston.
  • Currently, I work for Abraxas Intelligence.
  • I mainly write Javascript / Typescript and also Python.
  • I live in Venezuela.

It is a pleasure for me to be part of this challenge

Hi y’all!

• Josh L from Bend, OR
  • Writing Perl for ecommerce apps
  • Looking to improve my code quality :slight_smile:
  • I’m Riza
  • Co-founder, Curriculum Director at Hacktiv8 coding bootcamp. Seeking a chance to enhance code quality topic & introduce refactoring topic for the bootcamp.
  • I also starting to run screencast about random tech tools randomscreencast.com, in Bahasa Indonesia.
  • I live in Jakarta, Indonesia.
  • I mainly write JS, but I’ve been enjoying a bit more of Elm and Elixir.
  • I’m the listener of The Art of Product podcast.

Hi all,
I’m Ian, and I also heard about the course from the Art of Product podcast (and Ben’s email list)

• I work for epimorphics, a small data consultancy in Bristol, UK, where I mainly develop data-centric web apps for our clients
  • I work in Ruby and JavaScript (Vue) mostly, and HTML/CSS. But I also write Java code at work, when I have to!
  • I’ve done a bit of Elixir (enjoyable), Elm (unimpressed), Scala (didn’t enjoy, over-complicated), C (those were the days!) and Standard ML (before FP was cool!). But my all-time fave language has to be Prolog :slight_smile:
  • @ijdickinson on Twitter

Hi!

• Steve
  • I’m consulting; previously worked for a mix of large and small companies
  • Mostly writing Python, JS & Elixir these days. Really interested in using Elm

Looking forward to participating in this with everyone!

Hi all!

I’m Sarah.

Currently I work mainly in C,C++ and python. Mostly on embedded and windows. Playing around with web development for fun :smile:

I’m based in sunny Brisbane, Australia :sunrise:

I’m really looking forward to this challenge! @Ben this is so awesome that you’re doing this, Thank you so much!! :+1:

2 Likes

Hello! :wave: I’m Caneco

• I work as a Full-Stack Developer at Kwanko, based in France, but…
  • I work at the Portuguese office in Lisbon, Portugal.
  • PHP it’s the language of choice for the backend, and in the frontend I use Vue.js as my weapon of choice.
1 Like

Hello. My name is Armando and I’m from Puerto Rico. I’ve been a developer for 5 years mostly for the web and android. I’m currently doing some freelance work with Laravel for PHP. I’m looking forward to write better code after this course.

• I’m Adam
  • Currently a full stack dev at Bambora (www.bambora.com)
  • Python is my primary language of choice, though I’ve written my fair share of numerous languages over the years
  • Heard about this on the Full Stack Radio podcast & am looking forward to learning some new tricks.

Hey Everyone! I’m Bryan.

• I’m bryanaka pretty much everywhere
  • I work for Shippo - a Shipping API and Platform and love it
  • I do consulting with Ember and Rails as well
  • I am a huge OO programming nerd
  • I love to travel - find me on nomadlist - @bryanaka!

Ruby is my first love and cut my teeth on Rails and Sinatra apps. These days I specialize in Ember.js (nothing like building great UIs) and have started experimenting with Elixir/Phoenix Framework and swift.

At Shippo I write mostly Javascript/Ember.js and Python/Django and will be working on improving either the main codebases or the client libraries.

1 Like
  • I’m Wai
  • from Asia
  • Currently working full time to help build and maintain Stock Sync and other products
  • Mainly do Ruby programming with Rails, but I do frontend using React too
1 Like

Hello everyone!

• I’m Sergio
  • From Asturias (Spain)
  • I work for PhoneHouse Spain as a software architect.
  • Mainly I develop the product https://smarthouse.soy/
  • Faithful follower of TDD and Design patterns.
  • Experience in Java ecosystem with Groovy as main programming language, and another Web platforms such as PHP.
  • Hi I’m Ketan
  • Currently work for a charity as a ruby/rails developer
  • I live in London
  • I’m quite fresh in this field. Only been coding professionally for 2 years.
  • I mainly use Ruby, currently reading The Clean Coder by Uncle Bob

Looking forward to starting :smiley:

1 Like

Hello All,
My intro:

I’m Nikhil

• I manage a small team of developer at The Web Fosters(http://thewebfosters.com)

• I’m from India.

• I mainly write PHP (Laravel, Zend, CodeIgniter) and build awesome products.

• Currently we are working on a POS (point of sale) web application as our side project/product.

Looking forward to implementing them CQC in our product & client’s projects.

Hey!

Let’s use this parent topic as a place to introduce ourselves, rather than creating hundreds of individual topics per person.

My intro:

• I’m Robbie @RobbieTheGeek everywhere online
  • I’m a member of the United States Digital Service
  • I have been a technologist for over 22 years
  • I live in Alexandria, VA (DC Metro area)
  • I have gone back and forth between being an individual contributor to being a manager / director. I <3 Node.js and JS in general but have written professionally in most modern web development languages and frameworks.
  • I am a long time open source community organizer, here in DC Metro NodeDC, NodeSchool DC, Alexandria Code & Coffee, DC Code & Coffee. In NYC AngularNYC, Drupal NYC, Nodeschool NYC, Google meetup…

Nice to meet you all!

Hello everyone :wave:

• I’m Ross
  • I’m a Senior Software Engineer at the BBC.
  • Working on video-on-demand and interactive TV applications :tv:
  • I live in the UK
  • I mainly write JavaScript (full stack), Ruby, and Elixir. Also do a lot of devops and infrastructure work too.

I’m looking forward to the challenges starting on Monday.

2 Likes

Amazing group of people so far!

I’m Charlie:

• Worked for AEE.NET on powersuite.aee.net for the past 4.5 years (Rails 4.2, ElasticSearch)
  • Just starting a new gig at Logikcull this week and excited to use this routine to explore the new code base
  • Work mostly in Ruby but loving Elixir, Erlang, and OTP as well as React on the front end
  • From New Hampshire where it is current -5 degrees F

Thrilled to be in Cohort 2 and hoping some friends join us too!

Let’s do this!

• I’m Keith from Huntsville, Alabama
  • Web Developer at DealNews
  • PHP and JavaScript
  • Enjoy board games, martial arts, running, family