Cohort 2 Introductions

I’m Alex

Currently, I work for Odyssey as a DevOps Engineer, working on our publishing platform.
I live in Indianapolis, IN (well a suburb of it).
I mainly write JavaScript, but also enjoy Go when I get the chance to mess with it.
I have developed an obsession of cycling recently.

2 Likes

Hi :wave: :wave:

I’m a freelance developer (for over 10 years now). Did a lot of front end work the first 5 years and the last 5 years I’m mostly doing Ruby on Rails development. I also co-founder for a time tracking app (timiapp.com).

I started following Thoughtbot years ago, that’s also when I started following @ben (Weekly iteration :two_hearts:).

Most of the time I work remotely, I live in the south of the Netherlands (Europe).

1 Like

Hi everyone! :wave:

• I’m Mark
  • I work at Shipt in Birmingham AL
  • I work and play in Ruby, Go, JS, and Python
  • Enthusiastic about movies and music!
1 Like

Hey guys, I’m Jake!

I live in Tacoma, Washington and work for myself writing iPhone apps with Swift, 3D apps with Unity, prototype with Framer/Sketch, and websites with HTML/CSS/JS! I’m here to challenge myself and improve my problem-solving skills :nerd_face:

find me on twitter here: @JacobRossDobson

Thanks, @ben, for starting this thread!

Hi,

I’m Cliff Hales, from Port Angeles, Washington.
At my day job I mostly do customer support, training and SQL report writing for a transportation software company.
I’ve dabbled in Ruby on Rails for a long time, with a few projects shipped for work. (Planning to use this challenge to clean the up a little)
Looking to switch to more Rails work in the future, and just started picking up Elixir.
Outside the home office I hike, bike and kayak with my family.

1 Like

Hi all,

• I’m Daniel
  • I’m currently working for a company that has several Magento eCommerce shops that I do full-stack development on
  • I live in Columbus, GA (about an hour and a half from Atlanta)
  • I mainly write PHP, but I enjoy playing in Elixir
  • I’m building a SaaS app on the side

Looking forward to this challenge!

Hi:

• I’m Manuel
  • Work as CTO at CiTEC, a little it services enterprise.
  • I live in Gran Canaria , Canary Islands, Spain
  • I use to play with JS, but also had to use ruby, python, bash scripting and so on for work reasons.

Hi I’m Sarah

• I’m a front end web developer, currently building & maintaining sites for hotels & resorts
  • I mostly use Javascript (Vanilla, Jquery, & React) & PHP
  • I’ve dabbled in Swift, Python & Java
  • I’m looking forward to finding new ways to produce better quality, reusable code
  • I live in Glasgow, UK and spend more time playing video games than many people would consider healthy

Hey all.

• I’m Scott
  • Freelance Developer
  • I live in cold cold NW Ohio
  • Work mainly in Ruby. Sometimes JavaScript. Sometimes PHP.

Looking forward to playing. This sounds like fun.

I’m Sage (@ragesoss on Twitter).

I live in Seattle, and work for a Wikipedia nonprofit, Wiki Education.

• My project: an open source Rails/React app for university instructors who want to do Wikipedia writing assignments in their classes, which gets used by about 350 classes and about 8000 students per term. It’s also used for global Wikipedia outreach projects, like the Art + Feminism editathon campaign.
  • I’m nominally a product manager, but in practice I’m the whole tech team for my org.
  • My background is in history of science and the Wikipedia community. I’ve been programming since ~2014.
  • I mostly do Ruby and React, and dabble in R and Python and PHP.
  • My goal with CQC is to make the codebase for my project better for newbies, as I’ve been working on building a development community around it for the last two years or so (even as I’m somewhat of a newbie myself).
  • I’d love to get help, so if anyone is looking for a high-impact open source project to get involved with, get in touch!

Hello! I’m Chuck. I live in NYC and work @ OpenFin. I mostly write javascript/typescript.

Hey all,

• Im Nic
  • Originally from New Zealand but now living in Canada
  • Working as a software engineer at Shopify
  • I primarily develop in Ruby, with some JavaScript and a sprinkling of Go and Lua

Looking forward to kicking 2018 off with this challenge!

Hi new friends!

• I’m Pete
  • Living and working in NJ/NYC
  • Work mostly as a freelance developer/consultant
  • Mostly write code in Ruby, trying to get back into Swift.
  • When I am not writing code in 2018, I’ll be working on becoming better at online marketing :slight_smile:

Hello all.

• I’m Aleksandr
  • Living and working in Moscow, Russia
  • I built and run Skyderby
  • I mainly write Ruby, JS, and 1C:Enterprise.
  • My hobby is skydiving.

Hi,

• I am David
  • Living in Brno, Czech Republic, Europe
  • Programming mostly in Ruby, but also in Delphi
  • My main job is being winemaker
  • Currently working on new version of Notation training

Sup’,

• I’m Arthur
  • Living and working in Cluj-Napoca, Romania
  • I mainly write PHP (Laravel) and JS (Vuejs), but I also play with React and Meteor

Hi everyone!

• I’m Max.
  • I built and run Echoleft. Which I run with my sister and we’ve raised over £100,000 for charity.
    I also do contract work for various clients.
  • I live in Ipswich, Suffolk (about an hour outside London for non-UK people).
  • My work is mainly Rails and React, but I was originally a .NET developer and try and learn about other languages and ways of doing things in my spare time.
  • @maxshelley on Twitter.
1 Like

Hello Everyone!

• I’m Eddy
  • Working as a front end dev and Investopedia.com and Investopedia Academy
  • Took part in the first Cohort with my team here and it lead to some really good discussions
  • Living in Edmonton, Canada

Hello everyone,

• My name is Greg from Cincinnati, OH
  • I work at the University of Cincinnati Foundation as a Web Developer & UI Designer
  • Most of my development experience has come from developing custom WordPress websites
  • For the past year I’ve been learning Ruby on Rails through online courses.
  • I have a lifetime subscription to SitePoint Premium that I was lucky enough to get for $45!
  • I love to learn new things as well as teach others things I’ve learned.
  • My portfolio is at http://gvissing.com

Hello Everyone,

• I’m Felix
  • Work: Java Web-Developer at a consulting firm
  • I built stuff with Node and Ember in my free time
  • Will do the challenge with one of my private repos